Legislative and Budgetary Accomplishments Update
Category : General
Here is a snapshot of legislative and budgetary accomplishments from the first 19 months of my two year term. This list represents a fraction of the issues I am working on and the projects I am involved in. I am proud of my record and I sincerely hope voters and residents in Marlborough, Northborough and Westborough see how diligently my office works every day on their behalf. As always, I encourage anyone with questions or concerns to call or email me and I’m happy to address them.
- Chapter 2 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Relative to Insurance Proceeds for Injured Police and Fire Personnel in the Town of Northborough
- Chapter 23 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Authorizing the Town of Westborough to Grant and Additional License for the Sale of All Alcoholic Beverages to be Drunk on the Premises
- Chapter 55 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Establishing a Parks and Fields Capital Enhancements Special Revenue Fund in the City of Marlborough
- Chapter 61 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Relative to Insurance Proceeds from Property Claims in the Town of Northborough
- Chapter 158 of the Acts of 2014: An Act to Foster Economic Independence (in correspondence with a well-attended DTA Listening session)
- Chapter 220 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Authorizing the Commissioner of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance to Convey Certain Parcels of Land in the Town of Westborough
- Chapter 226 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Relative to Assisting Individuals with Autism and Other Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (including the language of House Bill 1026, An Act Relative to MassHealth Providing Medically Necessary Treatments for Members Diagnosed with Autism)
- Chapter 269 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Authorizing the Commissioner of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance to Convey a Certain Parcel of Land in the City of Marlborough
- Chapter 284 of the Acts of 2014: An Act Relative to the Reduction of Gun Violence
Pending Legislative Changes:
- House Bill 4293, An Act Relative to the Position of Assistant Clerk in the First District Court of Eastern Worcester: currently before the House Committee on Ways and Means
- Due to budgetary, legislative and judicial persistence, the FDA will be looking at banning the use of aversive therapy at the Judge Rotenberg Center in Canton.
- All three communities received an increase in Chapter 70 funding between FY13 and FY14 for a total increase of $673,000
- All three communities received an increase in unrestricted government aid between FY13 and FY14 for a total increase of $154,000
- All three communities received an increase inÂ Chapter 70 funding between FY14 and FY15 for a total increase of $1,198,595
- All three communities received an increase in unrestricted government aid between FY14 and FY15 for a total increase of $185,311
- The FY15 budget successfully included three amendments at the request of Rep. Gregoire:
- $50,000: for a city-wide restaurant/food safety education program.
- $15,000: for seed money for a city wide drug and alcohol awareness campaign.
- Language instructing the Department of Environmental Protection to investigate and report on any state and federal resources available to the owners of the surrounding property on Bolton Street in Marlborough who sustained damage due to the underground storage tank leak which occurred in April 2012.
- $5,000,000 allocated in the Transportation Bond Bill for the permitting and design of the reconstruction of I-290 and I-495 Interchange and Bridge Replacement